Rowing is easy to learn but instructions are necessary. We offer individual lessons and occasionally the Tampa Rowing Club is offering Learn to Scull sessions. These are intended to let new rowers or those who are not scullers to learn the fun art of sculling. The sessions are limited to 2 people at a time and nonmembers are limited to 2 sessions. You can check for available seats and reserve one by going to the Learn to Scull Signup Page. The sessions are taking a break during the late summer and early fall. If you wish to inquire about individual lessons then complete this form.
Not only is rowing beautiful to watch and, in Tampa, gives you a wonderful perspective on the city but it has the following benefits:
- Rowing is a total body workout.
- Rowing is one of the few athletic activities that involves all of the body’s major muscle groups.
- It is a great low-impact aerobic workout that is easy on the joints.
- Active rowing burns 1,000 calories per hour
- Rowing is a lifelong sport. Rowers can start as young as middle school and continue rowing up through their 90s!
- Rowing is the ultimate team sport. Rowing is teamwork’s best teacher – crews are made up of individuals who must work together to move the boat.
- Rowing builds discipline and self-confidence. Students who row consistently get better grades and get into better colleges.
We suggest you take the free on-line Learn to Row Prep course. If you have questions about Learn To Row click here.