Due to the most destressing toilet paper shortage and the need to have anti-social distancing we have, of course, suspended the Learn To Scull sessions for the duration. We have added a wait-list for the sessions on the signup page. We will notify the victims on that once we have sessions scheduled. We wish you good mental and physical health!
Rowing is easy to learn but instructions are necessary. We offer Learn to Scull sessions on most Saturday mornings. These are intended to let new rowers or those who are not scullers to learn the fun art of sculling. The sessions are limited to 2 people at a time and nonmembers are limited to 2 sessions. You can check for available seats, as a New Sculler, and reserve one by going to the Learn to Row Signup Page. We will add more sessions for March soon. Please, complete the online TRC waiver and linked Jean Street Shipyard waiver so the various lawyers are kept less unhappy. You can get directions to the parking for the boathouse here and here.
We strongly suggest you take the free on-line Learn to Row Prep course. If you have questions about Learn To Row click here.
Not only is rowing beautiful to watch and, in Tampa, gives you a wonderful perspective on the city but it has the following benefits:
- Rowing is a total body workout.
- Rowing is one of the few athletic activities that involves all of the body’s major muscle groups.
- It is a great low-impact aerobic workout that is easy on the joints.
- Active rowing burns 1,000 calories per hour
- Rowing is a lifelong sport. Rowers can start as young as middle school and continue rowing up through their 90s!
- Rowing is the ultimate team sport. Rowing is teamwork’s best teacher – crews are made up of individuals who must work together to move the boat.
- Rowing builds discipline and self-confidence. Students who row consistently get better grades and get into better colleges.
We suggest you take the free on-line Learn to Row Prep course. If you have questions about Learn To Row click here.