Have your ever wanted to row?
Not only is rowing beautiful to watch and, in Tampa, gives you a wonderful perspective on the city but it has the following benefits:
- Rowing is a total body workout.
- Rowing is one of the few athletic activities that involves all of the body’s major muscle groups.
- It is a great low-impact aerobic workout that is easy on the joints.
- Active rowing burns 1,000 calories per hour
- Rowing is a lifelong sport. Rowers can start as young as middle school and continue rowing up through their 90s!
- Rowing is the ultimate team sport. Rowing is teamwork’s best teacher – crews are made up of individuals who must work together to move the boat.
- Rowing builds discipline and self-confidence. Students who row consistently get better grades and get into better colleges.
Join the City of Tampa, the Tampa Rowing Club along with supporting high school teams at the brand-new boathouse in Julian B Lane Riverfront Park in downtown Tampa. On June 2, 2018 free introductory sessions will be provided. You can reserve a seat, which is required, in the sessions below after registering on our website. The sessions will include both land-based teaching and an opportunity to try rowing on the water! We suggest you take the free on-line Learn to Row Prep course. If you have questions about Learn To Row click here.